October 20, 2007

Dolphin Seafood Restaurant


Favoring something a little healthy the other night, we walked over to the Dolphin Seafood Restaurant.

To me it feels like the opposite of the Naked Fish.

Naked Fish - pretentious restaurant in the dull sad suburbs.

Dolphin Seafood Restaurant - unassuming hole in the wall style place in the heart of a nice city neighborhood.

We were by far the youngest people in there.

Simple menu. A bunch of fish choices. 3 starches to choose from, and a veg/salad/slaw option to make.

Anne asked what the vegetable of the day was. It was carrots. So she ordered a salad. Anne is the master (mistress?) of not choosing whatever specials she asks about.

I had Tilapia for the first time in an age. A few years back, I was involved in a photo shoot for a client who sells frozen Tilapia in a box. Because that's how glamorous my job is. Since then I have developed an almost psychopathic aversion to that damn fish.

I also had a baked potato and the aforementioned carrots (they help you see in the dark - and who wouldn't want that special power?)

Anne had bread-crumb encrusted haddock, with rice and the salad.

Our waiter looked like a down-on-his-luck Billy Corgan, but I'm nit-picking if I said it spoiled our evening. To be clear the Smashing Pumpkins were not a good band. If you disagree that's because you're wrong.

The Red Sox vs Tribe game was on in the background but nobody seemed to care that much.

All in all simple food in a simple setting.

And that's why we'll be going back.
-------------------------

No comments: